We are going to drive through one of the most stunning, but not very well known, paved gorges of Chania prefecture, Therissos gorge! Following this narrow straight, with towering cliffs on both sides, which run through a colorful riverbed hidden by big oak and maple trees, will take us to the beautiful and historical village of Therissos.
Therissos village was the most important place in the Cretan independence struggle, where Eleftherios Venizelos had his headquarters while planning to unite Crete with the rest of Greece! We are going to take a stop in the village, where you can visit the headquarters and the war museum and admire some unique exhibits, or just relax with a delicious Greek coffee, under the shade of the trees in the central square, decorated by the statue of Eleftherios Venizelos!
On our way back, we will follow the road to the village of Zourva, where we are going to get ourselves dusted, passing through some magnificent dirt tracks down to Alikianos village, as we are heading back to our office, enjoying some magnificent views of the gulf of Chania!
The tour cost is per buggy (1 driver and 1 passenger with the option of switching drivers if the passenger has a driving license). Valid driving license and passport is needed before the start of the tour.
We will provide:
- Tour departs from our office, after a short safety briefing 15 min before the tour.
- Pick-up and Drop-off service.
- Joyner Python 800cc buggies with fuel ready for you to drive.
- Eyewear for the air and the dust / mud in the dirt tracks pieces of the tour.
- Breathing masks for the dust / mud in the dirt tracks pieces of the tour.
What to bring with you:
- A pair of comfortable shoes for driving and hiking!
- Not your best attire! (in the summer it will be dusty and in the winter may be muddy)
- Photo camera, to capture those magnificent views!
- Your best mood for having fun, explore places and meet new people!